Thursday, June 6, 2013

Memorial Day

I was going to post these pictures with my D.C pictures, but I thought it would be better if I posted them here instead, in honor of Memorial Day this past weekend. (BTW, I took them all myself while there)
Arlington Cemetery

Gettysburg

Capitol Building with Arlington Cemetery in the foreground

The Tomb of the the Unknown Soldier

Bugler playing 'Taps' at the Changing of the Guard Ceremony

Walking the beat

Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Vietnam Veterans Memorial

2 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures! I think you did a good job framing your shots,though i'm no expert. Its amazing that you were able to visit so many important historical sites.If you have not be sure to read Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was amazing that we were able to go. I have read Lincoln's Gettysburg address. Have you read his second inaugural address?

    ReplyDelete