Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm Back-Camping

Sorry for not posting, but I have been gone on a week long camping trip and only just arrived home. My family, (excepting my dad who had to work) and some friends of ours went on a camping trip to Arkansas. Our campground was near Mt. Magazine, the highest peak in Arkansas at a rather pathetic 2,753 feet above sea level. However, the views were spectacular on the way up and from the various vistas from which we looked off.

We planned to leave at 7:30 in the morning but our friends trailer came off of her hitch on her driveway and we had to help her hitch it back up. In the end we left at around 9:10 in two cars since we were carpooling. We arrived at Blue Mountain Lake but we were not impressed so we went to Cove Lake Campground where we stayed. The campsites were right on the lake and the fishing was really good. Over the next couple days we went fishing, bike riding, hiking, running, and got rained on. I caught a large-mouth bass in the lake about 14 inches long which we fried that night with our chicken, and I also caught four fish that looked like perch/bream/sunfish mix. We had a lot of fun and that is why I wasn't on here for the past week.

I'm very sorry! I have not posted the second chapter to my book or the rough-draft map. I'll get them up as soon as possible!
-A.J (Gwyn)

No comments:

Post a Comment