Saturday, October 1, 2011

Henry V

As soon as I get some time, I will be writing an argument about Henry V, but since I just watched the movie again, Henry V, starring and directed by Kenneth Branagh I thought I'd post these videos. It was a great movie, and even better because Henry V is one of my favorite English kings. The first movie clip is the St. Crispin's Day speech before the famous battle of Agincourt, a stirring masterpiece.



The battle reaches a height of tragedy when the soldiers return at the end of the battle and find the luggage boys killed, an extreme offense against the laws of chivalry and war, besides the fact that these boys were innocent of blood, and all under the age of fifteen.



These are both magnificent videos and I hope you watch the whole movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment