Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quotes About God

"What we believe about God is the most important part of us."
~A.W. Tozer~

"One on God's side is a majority."
~Wendell Phillips~

"An atheist is one who hopes the Lord will do nothing to disturb his belief."
~Franklin P. Jones~

"If there was no God, there would be no atheists."
~G.K. Chesterton

"Nobody talks about God as much, as those who insist that there is no God."
~Heywood Brown~

"An atheist does not find God, for the same reason a thief does not find a policeman."

"The value of persistant prayer is not that He will hear us, but that we finally hear Him."

"If you knew who walks beside you on the way you have chosen, fear would be impossible."
~A Course in Miracles~

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
~C. S. Lewis~

"God is love, and if you lose yourself in Him, you will find yourself."

"All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.
~C. S. Lewis~

"We are all pencils in the hand of God."
~Mother Teresa~

"I believe in God like I believe in the sun, not because I can see it, but because of it all things are seen."
~C. S. Lewis~

"God had not promised us a pleasant journey, but a safe arrival."

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa~

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will stregthen you, I will help you. I will up hold you with My victorious right hand."
~Isaiah 41:10~

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than to live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is."
~Albert Camus~

"There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Oh, all right then- have it your way.' "
~C. S. Lewis~

“God is at home; it is we who have gone for a walk.”
~Meister Eckhart~

No comments:

Post a Comment