Friday, August 9, 2013

Guitar Tutorials

Hello everyone,
I’ve decided to start posting a series of guitar tutorial videos on my blog which I hope will be helpful to both beginners and people who may have been playing for a little while but are still having a few problems with their guitar. The videos will cover basics like tuning, strumming and basic chords and will gradually progress on to some other things like finger-picking, barre chords, scales and keys. I thought of posting these videos a little while ago because I think that a firm foundation in these things is essential to becoming a good guitar player regardless of what style of music you are playing. For people who are just starting I hope that these lessons will give you a clear understanding of the basics so that your playing will start on a good foundation. 

To the Self-Taught Heroes
As a self-taught guitarist, I congratulate you on your determination  to learn an instrument 'whatever it takes' and I encourage you to keep practicing. It can be a big temptation to be slack in practicing, but practicing is more crucial then anything else! 

To Those Taking Lessons
A popular guitar teaching method I have run across in my area is the 'up-down' strumming patterns and the tailored beginner chords. Depending on your teacher, you have probably been taught these too. These videos are especially designed to help you (if a beginner) be able to play in several different keys and to various beats and rhythms without your strumming pattern handy. 

 Conclusion:
So to sum it up, these videos are to help the beginner become a confident and skillful guitarist who actually knows WHY he plays a chord or a note in a certain way, not just how. I hope my videos help you to become that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment